Instructions for use
The PPE has been designed using the essential safety and health prescribed by Directive 89/686/EEC transposed by Legislative Decree no. 475/92, as amended, and in such a way as to be in compliance with UNI EN ISO 13688:2013 on the general requirements for protective clothing.
The PPE is designed so that, in the foreseeable conditions of use, can provide adequate protection to the user and can be classified according to Directive 89/686/EEC in the second category and according to the standard of your products, the resulting performance the evidence to which the prototypes were subjected.
Such benefits are indicated by the pictogram and its indexes to it side by side, determinants on the basis of instructions given in product standards to which the PPE is compliant.
- The user shall determine, based on the assessment of the possible risks, the need to match the PPE to other devices for protection of the remaining parts of the body.
- The performance of the garment is guaranteed when choosing the right size, is properly worn and fastened.
- If the PPE is damaged or a visual defect should appear, stop using your PPE and replace it with a suitable one.
- This Informative Note must be kept for the duration of the PPE in use.
- No modification of the PPE is allowed.
Operating limits - the PPE does not protect from:
- risk of entanglement in moving parts;
- risk of chemical attack (acids, solvents, etc);
- risk of physical injury (cutting, drilling, etc);
- thermal hazards;
- risks of crossing and flame extinction;
- risks of poor visibility;
- any risk that the device has not been certified
The label (that measures 5,5 x 10,8 cm) bearing the CE marking can be fixed inside the garment. The characters and pictograms are red on black and resistant to the washing cycles indicated.
The font sizes are larger than 2 mm and the dimensions of the written EC are greater than 5 mm. The specific size of the garment will be placed on a separate label.
- Brand of manufacture;
- Pictogram and tables measures, indicating the standard to which the directive is compliant;
- CE marking and the category of PPE;
- Address of the manufacturer.
Protection against rain UNI EN 343/2008: performance levels
Protection against rain UNI EN 343/2008: performance levels
x class refers to the impermeability of the garment (class 1 to 3)
|Protection against rain UNI EN 343/2008: performance levels|
|Resistance to water penetration (Wp)||1||Wp ≥ 8.000 Pa (as is) Wp ≥ 8.000 Pa (at the seams as is)|
|2||Wp ≥ 8.000 Pa (after pre-treatment) Wp ≥ 8.000 Pa (at the seams as is)|
|3||Wp ≥ 13.000 Pa (after pre-treatment) Wp ≥ 13.000 Pa (at the seams as is)|
|Water vapour resistance (Ret)||1||Ret > 40 m2 Pa/W|
|2||20 m2 Pa/W < Ret ≤ 40 m2 Pa/W|
|3||Ret ≤ 20 m2 Pa/W|
High-visibility warning clothing for professional use UNI EN 20471: requirements and test methods
EN ISO 20471: 2013/A1:2016: this standard specifies the requirements for high visibility clothing so that all people who work in low-light conditions, both during the day and during the night, are always visible. The fluorescent fabric ensures great visibility in daylight, while the reflective strips provide high visibility at night. The clothing is divided into 3 classes, where class 3 is the most luminescent. Putting together two garments of class 2 (eg. Trousers + jacket) is equivalent to class 3.
x = classification of area covered of the retro-reflective background material (see table 1, class 1 to 3)
y = classification of retro-reflective material (class 1 to 2)
|High-visibility warning clothing for professional use UNI EN 20471: requirements and test methods|
|Minimum areas of visible material||Clothing class 3||Clothing class 2||Clothing class 1|
|Background material (yellow/orange) (m2)||0,80||0,50||0,14|
|Retro-reflective material (bands) (m2)||0,20||0,13||0,10|
Clothing for the protection in cold environments UNI EN 14057:2004
The standard specifies requirements and tests methods for the performance of each individual item of clothing for the protection of the body from cooling in cold environments. This standard does not involve specific requirements for headpieces, shoes, or gloves for local protection from cooling. This standard establishes the requirements for the individual protection clothing to be used at temperatures of -5° C and above.
|Thermal resistance class (3 levels)|
|0,06 ≤ Rct < 0,12||1|
|0,12 ≤ Rct < 0,18||2|
|0,18 ≤ Rct < 0,25||3|
EN 511 Protective gloves against cold
This standard applies to any gloves to protect the hands against convective and contact cold. Protection against cold is expressed by a pictogram followed by a series of 3 performance levels, relating to specific protective qualities.
|A||Convective cold. Based on the thermal insulation properties of the glove which are obtained by measuring the transfer of cold via convection.||0 - 4 (4 = where 4 is best)|
|B||Contact cold. Based on the thermal resistance of the glove material when exposed to contact with a cold object.||0 - 4 (4 = where 4 is best)|
|C||Capability of resisting water (5 min.). 0 = water penetration after 5 minutes of exposure 1 = no water penetration.||0 o 1*|
Informative Notes - Protective Gloves
EN 420 General requirements and test methods - Protective gloves
- Comfort and efficiency: dexterity, dimensions, sizes and minimum lengths.
- Marking and packaging of gloves (CE, pictograms, size, serial number, brand name or manufacturer).
- Information and instructions for use.
- Requirements for safety gloves (pH and chromium VI content in leather gloves).
- Risk categories of gloves (I-lower risk, II-intermediate risk, III-complex risks).
- Definition of "only minor risks".
Protection for: machining surface only, manipulation diluted detergent solutions with low action, handling of small components slightly hot (max 50°C), outdoor activity winter with average temperatures (max 0°C).
EN 388 Protective gloves against mechanical risks
Protection from physical and mechanical hazards caused by abrasion, sharp objects, tear and perforation.
|Levels of performance||1||2||3||4||5|
|A||Abrasion resistance (numbers of cycles)||100||500||2000||8000||-|
|B||Blade cut resistance (factor)||1,2||2,5||5,0||10,0||20,0|
|C||Tear resistance (Newton)||10||25||50||75||-|
|D||Resistance to perforation (Newton)||20||60||100||150||-|
Note: In case of entanglement would be appropriate that the tear resistance of the glove was as low as possible so as to free the operator easily. "0"= the glove did not pass the test / "X" = the glove has not been proven.
In order to safeguard the health of consumers, the European Parliament has issued the "REACH" Regulation (an acronym for "Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and restriction of CHemicals"), which has the following objectives:
- to improve knowledge of hazards and risks from chemicals in order to ensure a high level of protection of human health and the environment;
- to promote the development of alternative methods to those requiring the use of vertebrate animals for the evaluation of the hazards of substances;- mantenere e rafforzare la competitività e le capacità innovative dell’industria chimica dell’UE.
- to maintain and to reinforce the competitiveness and innovative capacities of the EU chemical industry.
UPOWER guarantees compliance with the REACH Regulations for all garments in the collection; they do not contain prohibited or limited substances and to guarantee this, rigorous controls are carried out on all the materials used during production.
Clothing for the protection in cold environments EN 342:2017
X: Thermal insulation value on moving man
Y: Thermal insulation value on stationary man (optional) *
z: air permeability class (class 1 to 3)
w: waterproof class of the article (optional) * (class 1 to 2)
* If the garment has not been submitted to one of the optional tests, the corresponding marking will be indicated with X.
This standard specifies the requirements for full suit and outfits composed of two pieces that protect from cold environments, characterized by the combination of humidity and wind at an air temperature below -5 ° C. The specific padding and the special technical features allow the garment to transpire and at the same time keep the user warm.