There are more sectors for which high-visibility safety clothing is envisaged, especially in those areas where work operations occur near moving vehicles, motorised vehicles, cranes, etc. In all those situations where visibility is poor.
In the autumn season and winter, the days get darker and often, in addition to the reduction in hours of light, it is necessary to cope with unfavourable atmospheric conditions. Fog, mist, rain, limited visibility, increasing the risk of accidents and injuries in the workplace.
In these cases, it is necessary to use high visibility workwear.
To ensure the safety of the worker and minimise the risk of injury, the European Community has issued a regulation with the minimum requirements essential for all those who find themselves working in high-risk situations: the EN ISO 20471: 2013 standard, then updated at various times up to the latest revision of 2017, whose summary we propose you before presenting the advantages offered by the U-POWER High Visibility workwear.
- HIGH VISIBILITY CLOTHING: SAFETY LEGISLATION AT WORK
- HI LIGHT LINE: U-POWER HIGH VISIBILITY CLOTHING LINE
- WINTER U-POWER HIGH VISIBILITY CLOTHING: PRIME PADDED GILET AND TRIPLE USE BACKER PARKA
High visibility clothing: high visibility trousers, high visibility suit, summer high visibility clothing, waterproof high visibility clothing, etc.
What does the European Legislation provide?
We have already had the opportunity to talk about this legislation in a previous article, but it is worth doing a summary of its content.
a. Where does it turn UNI EN ISO 20471?
We have already anticipated it: the standard addresses to all those who work in high-risk situations and in the vicinity of moving motorised vehicles and/or in conditions of poor visibility, such as road construction sites, airports, etc.
b. What does the UNI EN ISO 20471: 2017 regulation provide?
The regulation specifies the requirements for high visibility clothing to indicate the presence of the person visually. The more dangerous the work situation, the higher the mandatory minimum requirements for personal protective equipment.
c. How are high visibility work clothes classified?
High visibility clothing is divided into three protection classes from 1 to 3, where grade 3 indicates the maximum protection level. In short, the higher the danger, the larger the surface of retro-reflective, fluorescent and/or combined material to put on the clothing.
d. Where can I find information on the class I belong to when I buy high visibility personal protective equipment?
All the high visibility workwear must meet the marking requirements defined by the standard, together with the words “high visibility garment”. All the models of the U-POWER HI-LIGHT line are in protection class 2.
e. What kind of maintenance does high visibility clothing require? How do you wash it?
The dirtier a high-visibility garment is, the less it will be visible: it is essential to wash high-visibility clothing often to ensure its protection effectiveness!
The washing instructions must be included in the marking, together with the maximum number of cleaning cycles, indicating when the garment is to be replaced.
f. What other features must high visibility clothing have?
Those who use high visibility clothing have often work outdoors for many hours and are therefore subject to the weather: rain, wind, cold, damp, and sun and heat in the summer season. Therefore, impermeability degree, water resistance, fabrics breathability and protection against the wind are essential.
1. What are the advantages of the U-POWER HI-LIGHT line?
U-POWER uses only high-quality materials that are incredibly comfortable and, at the same time, durable and wear-resistant. The materials’ high quality is accompanied by advanced technology - such as FREE SOUND technology used in the multimedia pockets of jackets, parkas and waistcoats - designed to improve the functionality of the garment and to increase the comfort of use.
2. What does the HI-LIGHT line include?
HI-LIGHT is a complete line that offers:
- ✔ T-Shirt;
- ✔ Polo shirt with long and short sleeves;
- ✔ Trousers;
- ✔ Padded and non-padded gilet;
- ✔ Parka;
- ✔ Bomber;
- ✔ Jackets;
- ✔ A suit jacket + trousers.
All items are in technical fabric, available in two colours - yellow and orange - with reflex bands applied.
Warm, comfortable, and convenient, PRIME is a padded gilet with a central zip closure covered by a frontal placket to improve insulation from rain and wind. The collar is also lined with soft micro-fleece to maintain the internal microclimate and provide better protection from the cold. The reflective stripes applied on the chest and shoulders ensure visibility from all angles.
The model has numerous pockets that ensure functionality and practicality:
- ✔ Two large front pockets on the bottom with zip closure;
- ✔ A left chest pocket with water-repellent zip;
- ✔ One chest pocket on the right side with a zip and protective flap;
- ✔ Cell phone pocket;
- ✔ Internal multimedia pocket with Free Sound technology earphone feed with;
- ✔ Internal nylon mesh pocket.
PRIME complies with EN ISO 13688: 2013 and BS EN ISO 20471: 2013 / A1: 2016 (UNI EN ISO 20471: 2017) standards in protection class 2.
BACKER is the rainproof, waterproof and breathable parka consisting of two elements - the inside and outside part – that you can attach with tape on the collar and cuffs.
The internal part is composed of:
- ✔ Thermal jacket with detachable sleeves;
- ✔ Reflective stripes on the chest, sleeves and shoulders;
- ✔ Cuff and collar in soft and robust elasticated ribs;
- ✔ Two pockets on the bottom and pocket on the right chest, all with zip closure;
- ✔ Central zip closure.
The outer part features are:
- ✔ Parka with reflective stripes across the chest, sleeves and shoulders;
- ✔ Two large front pockets applied on the bottom with velcro fastening;
- ✔ A left chest pocket with water-repellent zip;
- ✔ A right chest pocket with zipping + flap cover, surmounted by a cell phone pocket;
- ✔ Internal multimedia pocket with Free Sound technology and earphone output;
- ✔ Additional internal pocket;
- ✔ Adjustable and detachable hood;
- ✔ Warm and comfortable micro-fleece on the collar;
- ✔ Double fabric reinforcement on the elbows;
- ✔ Central zip with front placket.
BACKER meets the requirements of the EN ISO 13688: 2013, UNI EN 14058, BS EN ISO 20471: 2013 / A1: 2016 (UNI EN ISO 20471: 2017), EN 343: 2008 3.1 and EN 342: 2018 standards.
For your high visibility clothing, play it safe: choose U-POWER quality!
U-POWER, safety first.
Dear reader, we hope you enjoyed the article.
If you want to deepen the subject and want more information, do not hesitate to contact us using the form below. Our technical staff will be happy to answer to your questions as soon as possible.
You ask, U-POWER, answer!